Christopher Nedeau represents individuals and businesses in civil litigation and at trial. After twenty-eight years defending insurance companies, national and international corporations, Nedeau Law PC was created to specialize in plaintiff’s antitrust, real estate, construction defect and employment cases.
An experienced trial lawyer with over forty years in the courtroom, Mr. Nedeau successfully litigates civil cases in state and federal court.
From 2006 to 2015, as lead counsel, he represented AU Optronics Corporation, a global manufacturer of TFT- LCD products in civil antitrust class action litigation and against the United States Department of Justice. In 2012, he managed a team of twenty-five lawyers defending the client and five company executives in the nation’s largest antitrust jury trial.
Mr. Nedeau has tried over one-hundred criminal and civil trials to verdict. He has obtained summary judgments, class action dismissals and defense verdicts in toxic tort, fraud, unfair competition, products liability, premises liability and bad faith cases.
He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. He is ranked among the highest class of attorneys for professional ethics and legal skills with an AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell.
Prior to starting Nedeau Law PC, Mr. Nedeau practiced at Nossaman LLP from 2009 to 2016 and at Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold LLP from 1987 to 2008.
In 1978, Mr. Nedeau was appointed an Assistant District Attorney for the City and County of San Francisco. In 1985, he also became a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Department of Justice in the Organized Crime and Labor Racketeering Strike Force.
- Lead counsel in successful defense of AU Optronics in a three-and a half month criminal antitrust trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. By trying the case, AUO saved one billion dollars.
- Lead counsel handling and resolving international antitrust actions in Belgium, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Canada on behalf of AU Optronics.
- In the United States, AU Optronics’ civil antitrust litigation included 143 consolidated class actions, with cases filed by the States of California, Washington, Illinois, Missouri, and Florida.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of Daimler-Chrysler on claims of product liability after trial in Shasta Superior Court.
- Obtained dismissal of a class action against national healthcare provider alleging Medicare fraud and unfair competition.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a CIGNA after trial in United States District Court for the Eastern District in Sacramento on claims of bad faith denial of benefits.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of Pacific Gas & Electric after trial in San Francisco Superior Court on claims of product liability and negligence.
- Obtained a defense verdict after trial in San Francisco Superior Court on behalf of Ingalls Shipyard on claims of product liability after a jury trial in a mesothelioma case.
- Obtained a defense verdict on claims of premises liability and assault on behalf of Food-For-Less after trial in Sonoma Superior Court.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of The Shorenstein Company on claims of premises liability at 50 California Street after trial in San Francisco Superior Court.
- Plaintiff’s counsel suing a Wall Street Securities firm for theft of trade secrets in connection with venture capital financing in a five-month trial in Sacramento Superior Court.
- Successfully defended claims of conspiracy to breach contract, fraud, and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage on behalf of a national insurance carrier.
- Represented manufacturer of potassium sorbates in an antitrust price-fixing investigation.
- Lead counsel in defense of a registered investment advisor before the NASD in an SEC civil securities fraud case in United States District Court, District of Rhode Island.
- Obtained a dismissal on summary judgment of Beech Aircraft, in an asbestos case.
Awards & Honors
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named a Northern California "Super Lawyer" in Antitrust Litigation by San Francisco magazine, 2012-2016.
- Selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
- Professional Affiliations
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Elected to San Francisco Chapter
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section; Criminal Justice Section; Cartel and Criminal Practice Committee
- Mock Trial Judge for the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office Mid-Career Training Seminar, San Francisco, CA. 2014
- Featured Speaker, “Litigation Counsel of America Renaissance Symposium VIII (2013),” Harvard Club of New York City, New York, December 6, 2013
- Speaker, “American Bar Association - Antitrust Law 2013 Spring Meeting,”
- Washington, DC, April 2013
- Speaker, “Surviving a Government Investigation. Know Your Rights!” Acer Companies, Santa Clara, CA, April 6, 2001
- Speaker, “Securing the Benefits of Compliance for Your Institution: Doing It Right the First Time,” Annenberg Center for Health Sciences, Rancho Mirage, CA, October 1999
- Speaker, “Evaluating Compliance Effectiveness: ‘De-Bugging,’ Auditing and Validating,” Summit for the Western Region, Healthcare Compliance, San Francisco, CA, September 20-21, 1999
- Speaker, “How to Start a Compliance Program,” Practicing Law Institute-Corporate Compliance, San Francisco, CA, July 27, 1999
- Speaker, “Criminal Charges: A Risk Manager’s Road Map,” California Society for Health Care Risk Management, Oakland, CA, March 12, 1999
- Speaker and judge at the Trial Advocacy Program for enforcement attorneys at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, 1996